Business and information technology have a very complicated relationship. Depending on the type of company at which you work, you will notice huge differences in co-dependencies of these divisions. Some companies ceased to exist because of technological progress while others were and are being created due to it. Of course,… Read More
The WHIR’s Industry Perspectives content allows marketers and experts to connect with an audience of hosting and cloud industry professionals through original content that is informative and useful. Each Industry Perspectives post is created by the marketer or expert. If you would like to find out more about Industry Perspectives, see our guidelines page.
“Trust is like the air we breathe- When it’s present, nobody notices; when it’s absent, everybody notices.” -Warren Buffett “If you run a company, you will experience overwhelming psychological pressure to be overly positive. Stand up to the pressure, face your fear, and tell it like it is.” –Ben Horowitz… Read More
How many of us believe we can force multiply our businesses through partnerships and channels? Steve Case, ex CEO of AOL speaks at graduation ceremonies about his 3 Ps for success: people, passion, perseverance and in 2014 at Georgetown University he added policy and partnerships. He asserts that the next… Read More
HostingCon has always been an event where leaders in the cloud service provider ecosystem come to network, have conversations about issues and trends and hear from thought leaders in the industry. Over time, it has morphed and grown from an event that mainly included traditional web hosts to a diverse… Read More
The WHIR talked to Ray Zheng, the CEO of Shanghai Racent Internet Group to find out more about why companies are choosing to do business in China. Read More
For most businesses and bloggers, managed WordPress hosting is the right option: more flexible than SaaS and more user friendly than unmanaged hosting. Read More
From fast-paced acceleration to deceleration, the strain these stages will put on their budgets, plus the way they have to govern infrastructure and staff resources, CIOs face many tough decisions. Read More
Is your server as secure as you think it is? Let’s rephrase that. Are you doing everything you should be doing to protect your organization? Read More
The data center industry has been undergoing massive changes in the last few years caused by pressure not only from regular competition, but also from the tech goliaths who have invaded the commercial data center space and changed its fabric forever. Read More
Every second counts in today’s on-demand economy. And nowhere is this truer than the online world, where page load speed can make or break businesses—and their hosting providers.
Additional Industry Perspectives Articles
- Are Your Servers Safe From Overseas Hackers?
- Internet Policies for Web Hosts to Watch in 2016
- Hybrid Hosting: The Third-Generation Cloud
- The 5 Greatest Risks Faced by Every Hosting Client
- Compliance and the Cloud: What Small Businesses Need to Know
- Five Of The Most Common Mistakes Clients Make With Their Dedicated Servers
- WordCamp US: Afterthoughts on Lessons Learned and WordPress Trends
- Do Containers Render Virtualization Obsolete For Web Hosting?
- Providing a Foundation for Organic Growth
- 4 Trends at AWS re:Invent Will Make Companies Faster, Leaner and Easier to Scale
- Safe Harbor is Dead – Go to Market in Europe Now
- Top Traffic: How Bandwidth Growth is Accelerating the Cloud
- Content Hosting: Fast, Reliable, Cheap— How to Pick all Three
- The Hybrid Cloud: What Does it Really Mean?
- Common Web Hosting Problems (and How to Avoid Them)