Blogs are popping up everywhere these days and it seems that almost everyone is blogging. If you haven’t started a blog yet for your business, and you’re wondering whether or not this is something you should take on, here are 3 main blogging benefits to consider.
If the cornerstone of your internet marketing strategy and your business success revolves around getting traffic from search engines, a blog is an absolute must. SEO plays an important role in boosting your search engine rankings and a blog is a great tool to support your optimization efforts.
A blog is a gold mine of SEO possibilities. Here are just a few:
- Blog posts give you all kinds of content that can be keyword optimized.
- You can also use your posts to ramp up your internal linking.
- In addition to the post itself, blogs offer many additional areas that can be optimized, such as categories, tags and descriptions.
- Pumping up your blog posts with photos and videos gives you additional optimization opportunities.
- Search engines highly value refreshing content on websites. With regular blogging, you are getting just that.
Blog posts don’t just sit on your blog for your website visitors to read. By using your social media channels to share your blog posts, you can drive additional traffic to your website. If appropriate, you can also invite guest bloggers to post on your blog, exposing your business to their online audiences.
Having a blog opens a new communications channel for your business. Your current and potential customers or your industry partners can post comments to share their feedback and ask questions. A blog is a potent way to foster connections, as well as get valuable insights.
With the natural social sharing that goes on around blog posts, blogging can also help to increase interactions on your social media accounts. As your posts get shared on social media, a communications channel opens up and you have the opportunity to interact with individuals or organizations that you may not have come across otherwise. Relationship building becomes much easier with a blog as a conversation starter.
When it comes down to it, any business can benefit from having a blog. If you currently don’t blog, it may be time to get on the bandwagon and include blogging in your internet marketing promotion and advertising plan.